Friday 4 October 2013

Copenhagen Home #1

firsthome
A memory page is dedicated to my first flat in Copenhagen! Okay it's not one of these beautiful buildings but it's behind it! So this is where it all started - learning that just because you're young and, well, broke...doesn't mean you can't live well!

When I first came to Copenhagen I didn't know many people in the city. I didn't know that the way to go about finding a place was by posting an ad on FB. I just used BoligPortal. However after two months of advertisers not replying to mails I started losing hope and even when they did reply they were often creepy old men looking to live with a twenty-something old female student (don't tell me that's not weird) - and that's when I totally gave up. Then one day, out of the blue I received an answer from above! Well, it was a message from four fabulous people named Simon, Mathias, Charlotte and Sara! The rest they say is history. Especially seeing as this was quite a few years ago...

Anyway's here's to show some examples of how they changed my view on student living. Enjoy.

unideco1
A framed map of USA with a drawn route of Charlotte's crossing from the West to the East. So every time she looks over at it she's reminded of sunny memories from that trip.

rapstar
A B&O Tv never looks out-of-date. The more advanced tomorrow's technology becomes, the more retro this Tv looks.

UNIDECO TIP#4: Souvenirs don't need to be tacky or disposable plastics! - We've all been there. When at the time you want nothing more than to buy a Spanish turquoise DreamCatcher but 3 years later it just adds to the growing load of crap that you're trying to stuff under your bed. If you do have a super awesome holiday (obviously I hope you do!) - be creative about storing your memories! I don't know, you could create a lampshade out of black&white photos of your trip or like Charlotte, draw an outline of your route on an old map. Your best memories shouldn't be thrown away!

Your space is only as big as your imagination!

K.E.G. x

No comments:

Post a Comment